Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Reflection on Project 1 Draft

For this blog post I will provide hyperlinks on two projects that my peers wrote and explain what I have learned about my project either from reading comments that my peers wrote on my project or by commenting on my peers' projects.  I will assess what I wrote for my project and describe ways on how I plan to revise my project.

Polimerek. "Peer Review". 22 August 2005 via Wikipedia Public Domain
The projects that I read from my peers Tripp Twyman and Nicole Nelson.

What do I hope to achieve with this essay?  Am I trying to persuade the reader of something?  Inform them of a particular perspective?  Lead them to take a specific action?  How might they know what my goals are?

The main point of my project is to inform readers of both sides of my controversy and what people from both sides are saying regarding the controversy.  Whether they support the issue or not, the goal of my project is to provide information with showing little to no bias.  Perspectives from both sides include phrases quoted to show how this controversy is important for people to be informed about.  Some key points that I bring up might lead readers to search more sources of information to find out even more beneficial information.  Readers can view the goal of my project by viewing the different topics included and how all the information is concluded at the end to give readers the option of acknowledging the information and getting a better sense of why the issues I bring up gives it the credit to be called a controversy.

What are the requirements of the assignment?  Do I meet them?
The prompt includes the requirements I must meet in my project.  For the most part I meet the requirements.  Although, I want to revise my work so that I can fulfill the requirements in a better fashion.

Am I making an argument or simply stating the obvious?
I would say that my project includes a bit of stating the obvious, but that is partly unavoidable.  I instead tried to make a case for both sides in my controversy so that I can leave readers with the availability to make argument/case themselves in what they think should ensure in the future regarding the controversy.

Does my essay have a thesis?  Is it easy to locate?  Does it reflect my purpose and argument?
My thesis for my project is: "Analysis in this guide will present the facts and viewpoints of both sides of this controversy. It will provide information on how schools are dealing with parents who have their children exempt from vaccinations, how lawmakers and doctors, specifically doctors informing many parents about the benefits of having their children being vaccinated, and parents who are against having their children follow the requirements."  Readers can find my thesis being the last two sentences of my project, which concludes the introduction paragraph.  It reflects the purpose of my project, to provide readers with information regarding vaccination requirements for children and how individuals either accept or reject them, without showing little to no bias.

How do I support my thesis?  Do I make specific claims and use compelling evidence?
I provide examples from different sources, such as lawmakers and their legislation, and show how the evidence correlates with the thesis, showing the truth behind vaccination requirements.  The evidence provides statistical data the give perspective for both sides of the argument to be seen.

Are my ideas developed?  Do I progress through my argument carefully, patiently, and with enough detail?
I believe my ideas might be overdeveloped as I provided ten sources to in my project.  My project is eight pages long, which might seem to long for a quick reference guide.  Even though I might have overdone my project, the ideas I bring up provide details that can help readers become more knowledgeable about this controversy.  Figures, which include graphs, and other statistical data give readers the extra step to understanding the issues I am talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment