Friday, July 17, 2015

Cluster of Mandated Child Vaccination Controversy

For this blog post I will provide a cluster of the mandated child vaccination controversy.  The cluster will included details regarding the controversy I am researching.

Raysonho. "AWS Simple Icons Compute Amazon Elastic MapReduce HDFS Cluster". 2 December 2011 via Wikimedia Commons Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported

My Cluster



My cluster began with the theme of my controversy, the central issue, mandated child vaccination requirements.  I connected this to the key groups involved in this issue, which are doctors/health care providers, parents, and lawmakers.  Then I connected the idea of who the major speaker/writers are.  For lawmakers I summarized the stance they are taking in this issue, what they want to do issue, and where they create their legislation.  I connected doctors/health care providers with lawmakers because both groups support the use of vaccinations.  The doctors/health care providers inform parents about vaccinations and the benefits they bring to people.  Some parents listen to their health care providers, while others opt-out of getting vaccinations due to having either philosophical or religious exemptions.  This is only a snip-it of my entire paper, but these are the main ideas in which I will convey my message through the use of detailed explanations and evidence for both sides of the controversy.   

2 comments:

  1. This is a great visual layout for the basics of your controversy. Helps see the whole issue...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I thought it seemed that I made too small of a map. Instead of making many individual circles describing my controversy, I thought giving brief explanations of the different sides in controversy would keep my cluster map, simple and small, yet informative enough to provide readers of this blog the most basic understanding of the controversy I am talking about.

    ReplyDelete