Thursday, July 23, 2015

Developing a Research Question

For this blog post I will come up with research questions that include debates and arguments being made in the field of science.  I will enjoy trying to research answers to the questions that I produce in this blog post.

David Hume Kennerly. "Carter and Ford debate domestic policy at the Walnut Street Theatre in Philadelphia (September 23, 1976)". 4 March 2007 via Wikipedia Public Domain

Research Question 1:
Is red wine good for your health or not?

I would enjoy finding an answer to this question because often times I listen to doctors stating their cases whether red wine is healthy or not.  Many people have different answers to this question, and although there is no right answer, sources that include data to support this claim is what truly interests me.

Research Question 2:
Can we clone extinct species?

I am interested in reading into whether we are able to resurrect extinct species.  I am more intrigued by the science that goes into into this question and whether or not it is even scientifically possible to answer this question.  I am interested to see the different opinions people have when it comes to answering this question.

Research Question 3: 
What killed the dinosaurs?

We all know dinosaurs went extinct.  What I am more interested in, is how.  Was it conditions on Earth during the time they roamed that eventually got out of hand that caused their extinction?  Or was it a giant meteorite that destroyed most of life on Earth?  I am interested to see what kind of analysis people put into answering this question, or at least attempting to answer it.

No comments:

Post a Comment