Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Identifying Basic Grammar Patterns

For this blog I will use the longest paragraph in quick reference guide project to identify the basic grammar patterns that are found in it.

File:EnglishGrammarCategories.png
Brett. "EnglishGrammarCategories". 23 February 2009 via Wikimedia Commons Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported 

Here is a link to my annotated paragraph from Project #1 which identifies basic grammar patterns.

What did this activity teach me about my own writing?
I was able to learn how I thought my paragraph included all the basic grammar patterns (different parts of speech, different sentence patterns, subordinate word group, sentence structures, and sentence purposes) but only found out that I had to revise it to use of all of them.  It taught a me a valuable lesson in how you think you have completed your paragraph after reading it a few times, but closely viewing it an extra time is all that is needed to help make a paragraph look even better.

Are there grammatical elements that you want to spend more time exploring or improving upon?
I feel confident about finding good examples of different parts of speech and sentence patterns, but I want to work on being able to incorporate more parts to my paragraphs where I include patterns such as subordinate word groups, sentence structures, and sentence purposes.  By consistently utilizing all of the grammar patterns, my writing will only improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment