Monday, August 10, 2015

Revisiting My Writing Process

For this blog post I will revisit my first blog post regarding my writing process and review the different types of writers from the beginning week of this course.  I will reflect on what I wrote for my writing process blog post and explain my perspective has changed from the beginning of the course until now.  I will explain the type of writer I am now and which type I will be moving forward.

File:Dmitry G is repairing tanning bed.JPG
G Dmitry. "Dmitry G is repairing tanning bed". 15 June 2013 via Wikimedia Commons Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported 

Reflect on what you wrote in your first blog post and explain how your perspective has or has not shifted during your experience working in this course:

In my first blog post I wrote that I would consider myself a sequential composer.  As this course comes to an end, I would consider my writing process to equally be a sequential composer and a heavy reviser.  I mentioned that I was more of a reviser than a planner in my first blog post, but I did not specifically favor this style over the first type.  After completing my first three projects, I would have to consider myself a writer of two types not just one.  I feel more comfortable writing individual parts to my projects and revising them individually rather than heavily planning them out and writing them in one sitting.  For me consistent revision makes me more comfortable as a writer.

Explain how you would explain your process now and how you see it moving forward:

Moving forward, I do not see myself using more than these two types of processes.  I would definitely not be a procrastinator, since I just do not have a lazy personality.  I always want to complete assignments earlier rather than later.  As far as being a heavy planner, I do not believe that this will serve an important purpose in my future.  Don't get me wrong, planning is one of the most important steps in writing.  I just believe that I will not need to over-do planning and instead would rather over-do revising my papers.

What kind of writer does your experience in this course tell you you're going to be in the next 2 or 3 years of college coursework, looking for employment as you plan graduation, and/or working in your field after graduation?

Since I followed the two types of writing styles that I mentioned in the two previous questions, this will serve me a good purpose in my future coursework in college.  I do not procrastinate when it comes to working.  This is a problem that many individuals deal with everyday.  I like to plan ahead of time, but do not particularly favor overthinking anything that I do.  As I plan for the rest of my years in college and moving on forward toward graduate school, I want to make sure that I improve my writing skills as much as possible.  Even though I will not be taking specific English courses, many of my courses will require some form of writing.  Any practice of this kind will improve not only my knowledge of the subject, but my ability to write more scientific texts.             

No comments:

Post a Comment