Saturday, August 1, 2015

Audience and Genre

For this blog post I will identify a few targeted groups of individuals that might be an audience for my next project.  I will briefly describe how and why these people will be interested in my research.  For each group I will identify a few specific places where I might publish my research.  I will then describe both where and what type of publication I would need to produce and publish my work.  For each location and publication, I will provide links to a few examples.

Shankbone, David. "An audience in Tel Aviv, Israel waiting to see the Batsheva Dance Company". 4 January 2008 via Wikipedia Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported   


Identified Audiences:

  • Individuals that are studying a science and have or want to have knowledge about vaccination requirements and why they are becoming an important issue in the U.S.
  • Parents that have concerns over the rising rates for exemptions and how their children may be affected these increasing numbers.
Publication Locations and Genres:

For the audience which includes, "Individuals that are studying a science and have or want to have knowledge about vaccination requirements and why they are becoming an important issue in the U.S." I could publish my paper in the form of an online journal article in the New England Journal of Medicine the Yale Journal of Biology and Medicine.  

For the audience which includes, "Parents that have concerns over the rising rates for exemptions and how their children may be affected these increasing numbers."  I could publish my paper in the form of an online journal article on the websites of either the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the National Institutes of Health (NIH).  



Links to Examples:

Link 1, New England Journal of Medicine: 

Link 2, New England Journal of Medicine: 

Link 3, Yale Journal of Biology and Medicine: 

Link 4, Yale Journal of Biology and Medicine: 




  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment