Saturday, August 1, 2015

Narrowing My Focus

For this blog post I will focus on the questions in my previous blog and choose a handful of them to be able to do further research on them?  I will choose a two questions to analyze and explain why I think they are to most important in helping me craft my own public argument.

File:Narrow bridge sign (India).svg
Fred the Oyster. "Narrow bridge sign (India)". 23 October 2011 via Wikimedia Commons Public Domain 

The questions I will narrow my focus on include:

In regards to the different states in the U.S., where were vaccination rates the highest and where are exemption rates the highest?

Where in the U.S. are the highest rates of vaccine-preventable diseases?


I feel these questions are perhaps two of the most important questions that I have chosen from my entire.  The reason being is because analyzing the different laws that certain states have can have a connection with higher rates of vaccine-preventable diseases.  It would be interesting to figure which states have higher rates of these diseases as well as seeing which states have both lenient and strict vaccination requirement enforcement for schoolchildren.  Determining which states have these attributes, I can possibly gain more insight on why states enforce such laws.  Out of all of the questions in my list, these two, in my opinion, would the most helpful ones to give a more informative paper in which I can provide more vivid details of the controversy.

No comments:

Post a Comment